Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Washington vs. D.C.: How the Shutdown Pits the Government Against Its City
Official "Washington" is wrestling with how long the government will stay closed. I grew up in Prince George's County, a long-distance call away from Washington's most affluent neighborhoods and often dismissed as "Ward 9." P.G. County is home to many of the people upon whom official Washington depends: the women and men who process government documents, print government records, and install government telephones. When I started reporting at ABC News in Washington, the people I grew up with became rich sources and resources, in part because so few knew the folks who hold their jobs regardless of who holds power. As Washington gets richer, the world I grew up in and the world of "Official Washington" grow even farther apart. <a href='http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AtlanticPoliticsChannel/~3/_COmtC9AT_A/story01.htm' target='_blank' >Read More...</a>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment